June 30, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse

Sookie Stackhouse (Southern Vampire) Series
by Charlain Harris


A few months ago for my birthday I was given the first eight books in the Sookie Stackhouse Series. The first seven as a boxed set with the eighth book as an extra. I was very excited to read these as I had just heard about the show True Blood, and after watching the first few episodes was intrigued. But with all shows, or movies, based on books, I am always interested to read the books. Nine times out of ten, the books are always better.

So I’ve finally gotten around to reading them, the first few anyway. Although I should say these books have been out for some time now with the first being released in 2001. I’ll let you know what I think of each book as I finish them. But just to let you know, like a lot of other vampire books, these books are definitely not for children, too much violence and adult content.

note: the Showcase move channel in Australia, one of the Showtime movie channels, is currently playing an encore screening of True Blood series one on Tuesdays at 7:30pm. Episode two was played tonight but will be repeated tomorrow morning at 11:30am for anyone interested in catching up on this TV series before series two starts later this year.
 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment